[Twisted-Python] Python3 twistd daemon for Ubuntu 14.04 alternatives

L. Daniel Burr ldanielburr at me.com
Mon Feb 27 18:16:50 MST 2017

Hi Clayton,

On February 27, 2017 at 6:07:14 PM, Clayton Daley (clayton.daley at gmail.com) wrote:

[SNIP]

Obviously Glyph couldn't answer this question so his interjection came off as condescendingly unhelpful.  Perhaps it's not an impression he deserves, but he got off to a horrible start when he responded to my first ever Twisted question (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22896993/persisting-data-in-a-twisted-app) without bothering to add anything (sound familiar?).

I rarely interject because I'm no developer... just an entrepreneurial jack-of-all-trades (masters in business, bachelors in business, minor in CS -- albeit from Carnegie Mellon) that sometimes contributes to our partly-Twisted product.  However, you've succeeded in making my unusual perspective feel most unwelcome... so you'll be glad to know that you're never going to have to suffer me again.

I think your characterization various parties involved in this thread is unfair, and that you are expressing an inappropriate sense of entitlement.  Enumerating your academic degrees in no way enhances any point you are trying to make here, and strikes me as argument from authority.  It is a shame that some miscommunication has occurred, and I think a more positive outcome could be achieved if you’d walk back a few of these remarks and re-engage.

L. Daniel Burr