[Twisted-Python] Test coverage requirements

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.net
Mon Feb 27 16:00:17 MST 2017

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 at 21:54 Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>
wrote:

> That said, it has been *improving* and if it keeps improving at the rate
> it has been, I expect that we'd be able to put that coverage blocker back
> in in another 3-4 months.  Perhaps something to talk about at PyCon.

I think at least one problem that we're suffering from here is our fault,
rather than Codecov's: the coverage of the test suite is not stable due to
non-determinism in the test suite. That is, the lines executed during a
test run are not the same every time due to things like ordering / timing
races / etc. This means that "changes" to coverage may show up for a
particular PReven though nothing in that PR is actually responsible.