[Twisted-Python] catching twisted pyqt segmentation fault

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Feb 26 00:59:52 MST 2017

> On Feb 25, 2017, at 4:41 PM, Kevin Mcintyre <kebin70 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a long running twisted pyqt process which occasionally throws a Received signal 11.
>
> I believe it's in the underlying QtWebEngineView since the twisted process continues to run.  Whatever the reason I would like to figure out a way to catch this and stop the reactor either in process, or by another process monitor.  Any suggestions either twisted or otherwise would be greatly appreciated.

Presumably the QtWebEngineView is running a subprocess, then?  This is really a Qt question rather than a Twisted question, because the QtWebEngineView should be emitting some kind of signal when its rendering process crashes.  (If it doesn't I imagine you're just out of luck here and you should report a bug to the Qt developers...)

-glyph