[Twisted-Python] Python3 twistd daemon for Ubuntu 14.04 alternatives

James Broadhead jamesbroadhead at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 02:09:21 MST 2017

On 24 February 2017 at 10:25, Hynek Schlawack <hs at ox.cx> wrote:

> ...  Contrary I’m not a super fan of having one opaque blob on server; the
> transparent structure of a virtualenv is something I learned to appreciate.

A zipfile containing a virtualenv (pex) isn't all that opaque -- with the
right editor plugins, you can even *cough* edit the contained source inside
one.

Back when pex was a lot younger, this was handy for quick debugging as we
were migrating from source-in-venvs-on-bare-metal-chroots to
pexed-in-mesos-containers