[Twisted-Python] Twisted 17.1 Release Announcement

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Feb 17 19:27:17 MST 2017

> On Feb 17, 2017, at 9:48 AM, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 12:47 AM, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com <mailto:glyph at twistedmatrix.com>> wrote:
>
>> On Feb 15, 2017, at 6:51 AM, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com <mailto:exarkun at twistedmatrix.com>> wrote:
>>
>> It doesn't sound crazy to say "treq 16.12.0 test suite should be required to pass for Twisted trunk at HEAD (at least until around Twisted 17.12, probably?).
>
> That seems like a reasonable requirement, yes.
>

> Here's a take on that: https://tm.tl/#9042 <https://tm.tl/#9042> / https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/710 <https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/710>
>
> I didn't pin treq to 16.12.0 but instead let it float on the most recent release.  That seems safe as long as treq takes care not to issue a release that contains changes that makes it incompatible with Twisted trunk at HEAD.  treq CI tests against Twisted trunk at HEAD so I think this is low risk.

Yes.  This sounds good to me.  We might want to add one or two other downstream projects as well (starting with Klein), but Treq is a really good start.  Perhaps we should ask other projects (Scrapy? Matrix?) to send us PRs to add some subset of their tests to this smoke test.

Frankly if this integrated a fix for the MemoryReactor behavior and was therefore passing I'd just land it :). Do you want to make it allow_fail?

-glyph