[Twisted-Python] Twisted 17.1 Release Announcement

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Feb 17 10:48:43 MST 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 12:47 AM, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>
wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2017, at 6:51 AM, Jean-Paul Calderone <
> exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>
> It doesn't sound crazy to say "treq 16.12.0 test suite should be required
> to pass for Twisted trunk at HEAD (at least until around Twisted 17.12,
> probably?).
>

> That seems like a reasonable requirement, yes.

Here's *a* take on that: https://tm.tl/#9042 /
https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/710

I didn't pin treq to 16.12.0 but instead let it float on the most recent
release.  That seems safe as long as treq takes care not to issue a release
that contains changes that makes it incompatible with Twisted trunk at HEAD.
 treq CI tests against Twisted trunk at HEAD so I think this is low risk.

Jean-Paul