[Twisted-Python] Twisted 17.1 Release Announcement

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Feb 11 18:44:43 MST 2017

> On Feb 11, 2017, at 3:14 PM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> On 11/02/17 18:12, Phil Mayers wrote:
>> On 11/02/2017 17:28, Tristan Seligmann wrote:
>>
>>> String endpoint descriptions, as used by twist/twistd among other
>>> things, for listening on tcp ports now require the "tcp:": that is, "80"
>>> is no longer accepted, you need to use "tcp:80".
>>
>> In which case there's a regression in the "portforward" twistd plugin:
>
> Actually this works:
>
> twistd portforward -p tcp:6666 -d 6665
>
> Odd but meh, I'll take it

Yeah, this is a lack of test coverage for the 'default' case.  Technically it is a regression, but it's probably pretty unusual to use the default; point being, I don't think we need an emergency release here.

There's also a huge problem here with documentation, where `-d´ is a TCP port but `-p´ is a strport, and it's hard for end-users to get from the command line to the relevant documentation that explains what strports are available.

Nevertheless - please file a ticket!

-glyph