[Twisted-Python] ampoul3

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Dec 10 23:02:23 MST 2017

On Dec 10, 2017, at 8:17 AM, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> I often refer to Ampoule as a way to get simple process pooling with Twisted.  However, it's been somewhat moribund (no maintenance, no py3 support) for the better part of a decade, despite more or less doing what it needs to do.
>
> As such, I've created a friendly fork (hopefully only until Valentino checks his email and officially retires as the maintainer :)), at https://github.com/glyph/ampoule <https://github.com/glyph/ampoule>, and released it as https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ampoul3 <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ampoul3>.

Valentino was more responsive than I expected!  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ampoule now features a universal wheel supporting both py2 & py3.

I'd like some help maintaining this, since I certainly don't have a ton of bandwidth to take on new projects.  Anyone else interested in making parallel execution with Twisted easy?

On that note I also plan to move it into the Twisted org at some point.

-g