[Twisted-Python] Wanting to use Twisted, but a dependency uses asyncio

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Sun Aug 27 12:35:37 MDT 2017

Twisted 17.5.0 has new code to interoperate between Python's asyncio and
"async def":

https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/defer-intro.html#coroutines-with-async-await

One example of where this is used is in Klein, a web microframework built
on top of Twisted:

https://klein.readthedocs.io/en/latest/examples/await.html

Also, over 93% of Twisted's tests pass on Python 3:

https://www.slideshare.net/CraigRodrigues1/the-onward-journey-porting-twisted-to-python-3

So I think that it is quite possible to look at using Twisted in a project
which is using Python asyncio.

--
Craig