[Twisted-Python] SSLContext not valid for TLS Server

Cory Benfield cory at lukasa.co.uk
Fri Aug 25 02:19:28 MDT 2017

This is a somewhat-known issue that I’ve had bubbling on the backburner for some time. For a long time PyOpenSSL didn’t automatically load all EC curves and didn’t provide any API to do so, so Twisted told OpenSSL which curve to use. Some time ago PyOpenSSL changed this behaviour to automatically load all curves, which would resolve this issue.

The most comprehensive fix here is to do some history spelunking in PyOpenSSL to find out what the lowest version is that has this code block[1] in it, and then only execute the current ecCurve logic if that code block doesn’t appear to have worked.

Cory

[1]: https://github.com/pyca/pyopenssl/blob/master/src/OpenSSL/SSL.py#L632-L636