[Twisted-Python] SSLContext not valid for TLS Server

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Aug 20 14:36:58 MDT 2017

> On Aug 20, 2017, at 9:30 AM, Thomas Hartwich <ceeborraa at gmx.de> wrote:
>

>  Ok, I finally got a solution for my problem. As I know, the TLS server was working with DefaultOpenSSLContextFactory but this only takes file paths to private key/certificate, I created my own SSL-Context file.
>
> For anybody who has the same problem:

Please note that this solution will prevent the use of TLS 1.3 when it is available, among other problems.

DefaultOpenSSLContextFactory should be deprecated (I hope someone has the time to do it soon), as is the 'getContext' interface that you're using (you should be using https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/17.5.0/api/twisted.internet.interfaces.IOpenSSLServerConnectionCreator.html <https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/17.5.0/api/twisted.internet.interfaces.IOpenSSLServerConnectionCreator.html> ) so it would be really good to understand what part of the non-deprecated TLS stack is broken for you.

-glyph