[Twisted-Python] Chunked decoding missing from HTTPClient?

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Aug 15 07:12:21 MDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Barry Scott <barry.scott at forcepoint.com>
wrote:

> I see that HTTPChannel knows about chunking and indeed works well.
>
> However shouldn't HTTPClient also support chunking?
> Or Am I missing something to get chunking working for the response from a
> server?

Take a look at
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/web/howto/client.html which
documents the newer HTTP client API in Twisted.  You may also want to have
a look at https://treq.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ which provides another
layer on top of that which may be even easier to use for your purposes.

HTTPClient is old, implements HTTP/1.0, and will probably be deprecated and
removed before too much longer.

Jean-Paul