[Twisted-Python] Welcome to the "Twisted-Python" mailing list

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Apr 19 18:21:38 MDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Adam Wozniak <adam.wozniak at axonvr.com>
wrote:

> This is a problem in twisted.  Buldbot uses twisted.
>
> To make buildbot git polling work for me, I had to make the change below.
>
> Based on zturner comment #17 in
> http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2936

I left a comment on that ticket forwarding the straightforward fix that can
be applied to BuildBot to address this problem.

It's certainly true that there are shortcomings in the spawnProcess API so
I won't try to argue that this *isn't* a problem in Twisted.  However, some
of those very problems make it difficult to *fix* any of the problems.  It
seems more likely that spawnProcess will eventually be replaced by a better
API (if the problems are ever fixed at all, that is).  Meanwhile, since the
fix in BuildBot is quite simple, that seems like a good direction to pursue.

Jean-Paul