[Twisted-Python] txtorcon versioning

meejah meejah at meejah.ca
Thu Apr 13 11:35:03 MDT 2017

Manish Tomar <manish.tomar at gmail.com> writes:

> If you don't mind, could you describe your reasoning behind this
> decision? I am always curious to learn any concrete reasons behind
> this. If this seems spammy to the mailing list, please feel free to
> respond only to me.

Mostly because I don't want to ever have breaking changes, so then
you're "not supposed" to upgdate the big version number. I haven't found
that "semantic versioning" has been working very well for the
release-style of txtorcon.

Other, less important reasons: Twisted does this; it's easier to tell
"how new" a release is; and big version numbers are cool (just kidding).

--
meejah