[Twisted-Python] [ANN] txkube 0.1.0

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Apr 10 23:15:56 MDT 2017

> On Apr 10, 2017, at 11:11 AM, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the first release of txkube, a Twisted-based library for interacting with Kubernetes using the HTTP API.

✨³✨🎉

> This release supports several of the most commonly used basic Kubernetes objects, including Services, ConfigMaps, Deployments, ReplicaSets, and Pods.  While Kubernetes has many, many more object kinds, this collection of kinds already supports a very useful set of interactions.

Thanks for the announcement!

I do have one question about txkube, since this comes up periodically in every higher-level networking layer, and it's a place where I think Twisted has some advantages over other HTTP clients: is there a way to specify custom trust roots, or construct a custom Agent to pass in to txkube?

btw, don't think I didn't notice this <https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/646#discussion_r96104930>...

>    def main(reactor):
>        k8s = network_kubernetes_from_context(reactor, u"minikube")
>        client = k8s.client()
>        d = client.list(v1.Namespace)
>        d.addCallback(print)
>        return d