[Twisted-Python] new core contributor

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Apr 22 01:47:52 MDT 2017

As per our previously documented entirely arbitrary[1] and ad-hoc[2] process, I'd like to welcome - should he choose to accept it - Tom Most to be a member of the Twisted project.  You've probably seen him around on IRC, as 'twm'.  Tom's been reporting nuanced web-related bugs in Twisted since at least 2011, if not longer: https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/5434 <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/5434>

Tom has been around in the Twisted community for the last few years, and he's been particularly helpful in some recent discussions around correct behavior with respect to various web standards, and participation in Treq and Klein.  He's been stalled a number of times by not having commit access, so: no more excuses, now.

Tom, please read https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/CommitterCheckList <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/CommitterCheckList> and then go do some code reviews :).

-glyph

[1]: https://www.mail-archive.com/twisted-python@twistedmatrix.com/msg10236.html
[2]: Want better governance for Twisted?  Volunteer to help operate this process - https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Proposal/ContributorAdvancementPath <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Proposal/ContributorAdvancementPath> - or something like it ;-).