[Twisted-Python] Conch examples give me host key related errors

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 20:05:32 MDT 2016

My google-fu is failing me (or I'm the only one with a misconfigured
ssh system), but none of the examples on
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/conch/examples/index.html
run for me.

The ConchError I'm mostly getting says ('no host keys, failing',
None), while the simplesshserver.py example fails with a KeyError
'sshKeyDir'

Not sure where twisted-conch expects host keys to be, but my openssh
host keys are fine (I have a running sshd which sources them from
/etc/ssh as per usual). That being said, there's no way twisted-conch
as a python user-process would have access to them (nor should it).

I'm actually just wanting to use twisted-conch-manhole, but running
into this problem first. Is there something I need to configure in my
system?