[Twisted-Python] Twisted 16.6.0rc1 Release Candidate Announcement

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Nov 22 16:31:45 MST 2016

> On Nov 22, 2016, at 18:27, Tristan Seligmann <mithrandi at mithrandi.net> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 at 01:26 Tristan Seligmann <mithrandi at mithrandi.net <mailto:mithrandi at mithrandi.net>> wrote:
> if PY3:
>
> Argh, the above should be if PY2 of course.

OK, this whole time I thought we were talking about a sensible application of text_type to the API, perhaps with some leniency for bytes-ish-ness on python 2.  I haven't reviewed the PR, I was just responding to the concerns as raised on the list.

If it's just randomly encoding on one version and not the other, and correct usage of the API depends on *users* doing 'if PY2:' in their own code, then perhaps Mark's concern is indeed well-founded and we should roll it back before 16.6.

-glyph