[Twisted-Python] twisted on Windows with python 3.5?

Jeffrey DeLeo JeffreyDeLeo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 11:24:17 MST 2016

After seeing a talk by Glyph and Moshe last month, I have looked into
twisted. It seems like a natural fit for a current project. Thought to
use klein for the web application portion as well.

But - we are using Python 3.5, and one of our deliverable platforms is
Windows 7 (64 bit). Bad idea? Things to watch out for?

I have been able to build twisted on Windows with Python 3.5, no cygwin. Simple
examples I tried run. Some klein examples run (some don't).

Greatly appreciated:

  + comments from anyone doing something similar

  + pointers to Windows status - what's available, what to avoid

  + amusing or snarky comments ;)

thanks in advance!