[Twisted-Python] overview: new review queue venue

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun May 22 01:36:28 MDT 2016

> On May 22, 2016, at 12:24 AM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org> wrote:
>
> On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 6:04 PM, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com <mailto:glyph at twistedmatrix.com>> wrote:
>
> Right now, we need to manually vet each change before sending it to buildbots, because they are shared mutable environments that we can't afford to have running untrusted code automatically.
>
> This is quite useful actually.  We would need a tool to do this.
>
> For example, if I want to build this pr:   https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/63 <https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/63>
>
> Then the tool could poke the buildbots to do something like:
>
> git clone https://github.com/twisted/twisted <https://github.com/twisted/twisted> testspace
> cd testspace
> git fetch origin pull/62/head:pr/62
> git checkout pr/62
> [run the tests]
>
> Are there enough scripts in the buildbot infrastructure which could be extended to do this?

The only new line would be fetching the test ref.  Everything else on the buildbots basically works that way already, just checking out branches.

(Please nobody try to do the clever thing where you configure buildbot to automatically pull all PRs, that would effectively negate any security protections...)

I've been assuming that in the worst-case scenario, we'd do what Cryptography does and have a bot that polls for special comments and then triggers buildbot in exactly this way.  Perhaps I should have made that assumption explicit, I thought it was ticketed somewhere in Braid already.

-glyph