[Twisted-Python] overview: new review queue venue

Hynek Schlawack hs at ox.cx
Sun May 22 01:15:07 MDT 2016

Ah finally a fine bike shedding thread that gets everyone involved. ;)

> Right now, we need to manually vet each change before sending it to buildbots, because they are shared mutable environments that we can't afford to have running untrusted code automatically.  If we could switch to Travis and Appveyor, then we could let them worry about malicious code, which would allow contributors to get instant feedback, rather than waiting for reviewers to manually run the builders.

I have two points to add:

1. Appveyor is terribly slow and sometimes a bit flaky.  I use it for argon2_cffi’s wheels and it drives me bonkers.  It should never become an essential part of anything.  As a first line of defense it’s fine of course.
2. PyCA has a workflow for Jenkins & GitHub by telling a bot to vet changes.  You can see it here in action: https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/pull/2914#issuecomment-220592167 AFAIK that’s been mostly Paul’s work.  Aren’t you kind of his boss or something *hint hint*? ;)