[Twisted-Python] overview: new review queue venue

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun May 22 00:25:33 MDT 2016

> On May 21, 2016, at 11:08 PM, Amber Hawkie Brown <hawkowl at atleastfornow.net> wrote:
>
> The issue in 2016 is not actually the kernel; but OpenSSL and OpenSSH, among other system libraries. Every new version of Fedora has been red on the buildbots for this reason; OpenSSL changed, and we needed to fix our use of it. Worth also noting is that Travis is so horrendously behind in all things Python+Ubuntu (do they even have a current PyPy yet?) that we're not actually testing the platforms people are *using*, which is something I think is valuable that the current system gives us.

The reason I specifically mention the kernel is that different userlands can be tested by using Docker in Travis: <https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/docker/>.  The travis official images are a little faster, because they cache more stuff, but we can build our own base images to try to offset that somewhat.

-glyph