[Twisted-Python] overview: new review queue venue

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun May 22 00:23:26 MDT 2016

It does.  We test on OS X quite extensively on <https://github.com/rackerlabs/mimic>, including a py2app app bundle.

> and it might take some time until there is support for Python on Windows and I am not sure if Travis-ci.org <http://travis-ci.org/> will support this free of charge.

Travis-CI doesn't need to support it; you can use both Travis (for OS X / Linux) and Appveyor (for Windows) separately.  You can check it out here: http://www.appveyor.com

I know some projects are using this quite successfully.

> I think that we can have both... and in the first instance automatically trigger Travis-CI builds and manually trigger buildbot builds.

A lot of projects do follow this workflow, and maybe it will be fine for us.  The real question is; is FreeBSD support really worth it for the cost to contributors, since that's the only platform we currently support but can't test?

> GitLab is an option, as I think that they allow you to bring your own build slaves.... but I think that the current buildbots are fine.

I don't understand.