[Twisted-Python] overview: new review queue venue

Amber "Hawkie" Brown hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Sun May 22 00:21:24 MDT 2016

> On 22 May 2016, at 14:15, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.  I know that PRs are presently a potential alternative to a diff, and that we are still using Trac for ticketing.  I want to make it possible to avoid using Trac for ticketing; perhaps switching to github issues entirely.

This is an optimistic idea but one that, unfortunately, won't happen yet ;)

The things GitHub Issues need to be competitive with Trac as it stands:

- Allowing triage by people without write.
- Useful search (GitHub search is kind of abysmal)
- Assigning to non-committers.

Without these things (and quite a few more), it's unlikely that GitHub Issues will be as useful to us.

- Amber