[Twisted-Python] [Twisted-web] Twisted 16.2.0pre1 Release Announcement

L. Daniel Burr ldanielburr at me.com
Tue May 10 10:35:06 MDT 2016

On May 9, 2016 at 9:26:31 AM, Amber Hawkie Brown (hawkowl at atleastfornow.net) wrote:
Hi everyone! Time for another Twisted prerelease!

Our release cadence stays steady, and this prerelease should bring some new nice features! The highlights include:

- twisted.protocols.haproxy.proxyEndpoint, a wrapper endpoint that gives some extra information to the wrapped protocols passed by haproxy;
Awesome.

- Migration of twistd and other twisted.application.app users to the new logging system (twisted.logger);
More awesome.

- Porting of parts of Twisted Names' server to Python 3;
- The removal of the very old MSN client code and the deprecation of the unmaintained ICQ/OSCAR client code;
- More cleanups in Conch in preparation for a Python 3 port and cleanups in HTTP code in preparation for HTTP/2 support;
Even more awesome.

- Over thirty tickets overall closed since 16.1.

Awesomer still.

For more information, check the NEWS file (link provided below).

As usual, it's available for download -- go here (https://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/pre/16.2.0pre1/) to get the prerelease tarballs and the full NEWS file.

Please let me know if you have any issues, as well as if you don't! If everything works well, that's a good thing for me to know :)

Twisted Regards,
Amber Brown (HawkOwl)
Seriously, the progress over the last year has been fantastic.  As a long time Twisted user who takes far more than he gives, let me express my gratitude for all the great releases of the last 12 months.

Thanks,

L. Daniel Burr