[Twisted-Python] [Twisted-web] upcoming changes to twistedmatrix.com mail infrastructure

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 13:06:21 MDT 2016

On 16/03/16 18:52, Glyph wrote:
> Over the last few months, twistedmatrix.com <http://twistedmatrix.com>'s
> mailman installation has been used increasingly frequently to execute
> denial-of-service attacks against people's mailboxes.  This is

My sympathies; this exact problem was the reason we CAPTCHA-ised our
install of mailman and have to keep a very close eye on it.

It's really a shame there's so little open-source competition in the
email sector these days; it all appears to have been hoovered up by
Gmail, Office 365 and various spam (sorry - bulk email) providers.

> There will be a couple of inconveniences immediately after the transition:

Couple of random thoughts:

Does mailgun actually contain a mailman-alike product or are you
effectively building one on top of it?

Will the mailman-style List-X headers remain?

Will the behaviour of the list w.r.t. things like routing of To:/Cc:'ed
people change.

Good luck with the migration.