[Twisted-Python] Twisted serialport

Chris West cwest at senceive.com
Thu Mar 10 01:37:02 MST 2016

Adi,

Thanks for the reply, I've applied the patch and that has sorted out my problem.

Many thanks,
Chris

Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 09:59:21 +0000
From: Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro>
To: Twisted general discussion <twisted-python at twistedmatrix.com>
Subject: Re: [Twisted-Python] Twisted serialport

On 9 March 2016 at 09:53, Chris West <cwest at senceive.com> wrote:

> I?m currently using the SerialPort connection type in twisted 15.5.0
> with python 2.7.7 on a windows machine.
>

> Twisted serial communications with the serial port fail when pyserial
> is upgraded from 2.7 to 3.0.1 and fails with the following error.

Hi,

I think that this is a know issue.

Please see https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8159

It would help if you could try the patch and report that all is ok for your use case.

If not the same issue, please report a new ticket.

Regards
--
Adi Roiban