[Twisted-Python] Build and installation problem

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Mar 9 13:48:24 MST 2016

> On Mar 9, 2016, at 3:13 AM, Angelo Conte <conte.angelo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you Glyph for your kind answer.
> 1) I've just tried and the same error appears, so it's not a Twisted specific problem
> 2) environment variables don't contain nothing special; there is no CFLAGS entry.
>
> I've also searched if there were something wrong in compiler's search dirs, but everything seems ok.

My guess is that Python is built incorrectly for this platform.

When you build Python, it remembers certain things about its build configuration and attempts to copy those things to the compile commands used to build extension modules.  It looks to me like that directory is detritus which somehow got glommed into the build configuration Python thinks it should use.

This is unfortunately about the end of my expertise in this area; you'd have better luck posting this to a list like https://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/distutils-sig/.

Thanks for using Twisted; I'm sorry it's being difficult to work with here.  I'm interested in helping you get this resolved, and I'm also on distutils-sig, so if you ask there I can always provide additional details about how Twisted's C modules work if one of the more-knowledgeable people there needs more information; feel free to ask for my help in further investigation if you need it :-).

-glyph

P.S.: Since a lot of new people are posting (which is great!) I feel like I should take the opportunity to point out that the preferred style of reply on this list is <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Interleaved_style> followed by <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting> - please refrain from <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting>.  Thanks!