[Twisted-Python] Responding to PRs

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Wed Jun 15 15:29:42 MDT 2016

On 12 June 2016 at 21:32, Itamar Turner-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org>
wrote:

[snip]

> So, maybe instead of telling new contribtutors "PRs won't be reviewed
> without an issue, see contributor guidelines" it would be better to say
> "Thanks for the PR! I opened an issue for this PR here (tm.tl/12345). In
> the future we'd appreciate it if you could open an issue before submitting
> PRs; see contributor guidelines for details".

[snip]

I think that is important that the Trac ticket is created by the PR
contributor. In this way we can make sure that the PR contributor has an
account in Trac and that the contributor will receive notifications for all
the discussions done in the Trac ticket.

AFAIK the PR are just replacing the attached patched to a Trac ticket. The
review should still be done in the Trac ticket.

Cheers,
--
Adi Roiban