[Twisted-Python] Responding to PRs

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Sun Jun 12 15:15:37 MDT 2016

Hi,

I support this approach.

I have a few small suggestions.
  (1)  Give the exact link of some reasonable text that you want people to
read. The contributor guidelines are accurate,
        but the text is verbose.  It takes a while to get to the text that
gives you the actual steps to follow.

  (2)  GitHub uses the term "issue", while Trac uses the term "ticket".  If
you tell people to open an "issue" they
        might get confused and try to open a GitHub issue.

*"Thanks for the PR! I opened a ticket for this PR here (tm.tl/12345
<http://tm.tl/12345>). In the future we'd appreciate it if you could open a
ticket before submitting PRs;
see https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedDevelopment#SubmittingaPatch
<https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedDevelopment#SubmittingaPatch> "*

If the Twisted developers get very efficient at opening Trac tickets on
behalf of patch submitters,
then the incentive for patch submitters to interact with Trac goes down.
 :) :)

--
Craig

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Itamar Turner-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org