[Twisted-Python] Travis-CI integration work

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Tue Jun 7 16:39:52 MDT 2016

Travis-CI integration for Twisted has reached a milestone!
Travis has been set up and is currently in use for Twisted.

For pull requests submitted against Twisted:

https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pulls

the Travis service will build it, and report status in the pull request
itself.
The build status of pull requests is also available on the Travis site:

https://travis-ci.org/twisted/twisted/pull_requests

This is how it works:

   - The *.travis.yml* file checked into the Twisted source tree gives the
   Travis service the commands that should be executed.
   - In .travis.yml, we make use of *tox-travis* (
   https://pypi.python.org/pypi/tox-travis ).
   - tox-travis looks tells Travis to execute tox, using the *[tox:travis]*
   section in the *tox.ini* file checked into the Twisted source tree.
   This is how Travis executes the Twisted tests

Thanks to Adi for taking my initial patch for this, finishing it off, and
doing the initial Travis setup.
Thanks to cyli for doing the final review of the patch and for committing
it to trunk.

--
Craig