[Twisted-Python] Need clarification on reviews for Python 3 fixes for Twisted

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Sun Jun 5 09:15:06 MDT 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 5:13 AM, Itamar Turner-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org
> wrote:

On 05/27/2016 04:19 AM, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> I think they're fine to accept insofar as:
>
> 1. There is strong ongoing momentum for the port now, so these changes
> makes porting module-by-module easier and won't just bitrot.
> 2. They're doing one particular incompatibility at a time, rather than
> "here's an assortment of random changes to a module that may or may not
> port that module fully, who knows."
>
> I don't think they are sufficient to port a module (someone needs to read
> the code and think a bit, usually), but they will make it easier to do so,
> so they definitely are worth continuing.

Thanks!  You have summarized exactly the strategy I have been using when
submitting these patches.
At Pycon, Glyph and cyli managed to review and merge a number of my patches.

Do you have any bandwidth to review some of the print -> print() changes I
did?  They are here:

http://bit.ly/24r2fuJ

Thanks.

--