[Twisted-Python] windows7-64-py3.5 buildbot failure

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Thu Jun 23 00:14:20 MDT 2016

Hi,

I notice that this buildbot is failing because it cannot find vcvarsall.bat

https://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/windows7-64-py3.5/builds/174/steps/shell_2/logs/stdio

I was able to get a Windows 10 environment going by doing the following:

(1)  Installing Python 3.5 from https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/
(2)  Install the exact Microsoft compiler version specified in:
https://wiki.python.org/moin/WindowsCompilers
(3)   Ran this command to put CL.EXE in PATH:   "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft Visual C++ Build Tools\vcbuildtools.bat"
(4)  Ran these commands to put Python in PATH:

set PYTHON_ROOT=C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35
set
PATH=%PYTHON_ROOT%;%PYTHON_ROOT%\Scripts;%PYTHON_ROOT%\Tools\Scripts;%PATH%

At this point, I was able to checkout Twisted from git and do

python setup.py build
python setup.py install

Can we fix this buildbot at least to the point where we can do that?

Thanks.
--
Craig