[Twisted-Python] two minor things

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Jun 21 13:07:04 MDT 2016

These are mostly for Craig but they're relevant to everyone, so I am sending it to the mailing list.  I don't know if these have been properly written down as part of a policy.

1. Please don't assign reviews normally.

If someone reviews your tickets, don't punish them by crushing them with all the other tickets you have :).  The point of having a single review queue for all reviewers is that the responsibility should be diffused and lots of people should be doing reviews.  You can always ask someone to review your tickets, of course, but assigning them suggests to other reviewers that they won't be able to do a complete job and that they should leave it to the assignee.  Assigning should be reserved for cases where either the original reviewer did a really huge review and you'd like a re-review from the same person to ensure that you fully understood it, or the person in question has some specialized knowledge because you're adding test coverage or documentation to untested/undocumented code that they wrote and you want to make sure you're getting it right.

2. The branch-naming convention puts the ticket number at the _end_ of the branch name.

For example, foo-1234, not 1234-foo.  If we re-add the automation to recognize branch names and update the 'branch' field in trac, getting this consistent will be important.

Thanks!

-glyph