[Twisted-Python] Style/testing for log-related changes

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jun 6 05:21:12 MDT 2016

All,

I'd like to submit a patch to convert t.conch.ssh to the new logging.
The main reason is that the conch code logs a *lot* of really, really,
really boring crap that I want to throw away because it just clutters up
the logs e.g.

https://github.com/twisted/twisted/blob/twisted-16.2.0/twisted/conch/ssh/connection.py#L454

Moving it to the new logging would, at very least, let me trivially
write an observer which throws away these by module.

Does anyone have an example ticket/commit for a conversion to the new
logging showing the general style, and the technique used for writing
tests for that?

Cheers,
Phil