[Twisted-Python] Twisted 16.3.0 Prerelease 2 Announcement

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Mon Jul 11 17:42:04 MDT 2016

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Paweł Miech <pawelmhm at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) They say ciphers should be set to ssl_ciphers
> EECDH+CHACHA20:EECDH+AES128:RSA+AES128:EECDH+AES256:RSA+AES256:EECDH+3DES:RSA+3DES:!MD5;
>
> This long string does not mean much to me, but reading email from Amber
> again I see it differs slightly from what she says Twisted uses. But one
> thing I'm wondering about is how do you guys know which ciphers are set in
> Twisted? Looking into source code of DefaultOpenSSLContextFactory I see
> context is created here:
> https://github.com/twisted/twisted/blob/3455a902fb15e732ee43b59f4d82a66b105351ba/twisted/internet/ssl.py#L107
> I dont see any point where there is a call that sets ciphers. Maybe this is
> done somewhere else? I tried grepping source for string mentioned by Amber
> but cant find it.

In an earlier e-mail you mentioned that you were using Python 3.  Is that
still true?

In the Windows Python 3 build which was recently enabled, I saw these
warnings:

c:\buildslave\win2012r2-64-py3_5\Twisted\twisted\internet\_sslverify.py:1799:
DeprecationWarning: str for cipher_list is no longer accepted, use
bytes
c:\buildslave\win2012r2-64-py3_5\Twisted\twisted\internet\_sslverify.py:1656:
DeprecationWarning: str for buf is no longer accepted, use bytes
c:\buildslave\win2012r2-64-py3_5\Twisted\twisted\internet\_sslverify.py:1660:
DeprecationWarning: str for cipher_list is no longer accepted, use
bytes

I am not sure if this is related to your problem, but it struck me that you
mentioned a problem
with ciphers, and I saw this warning just now.

--
Craig