[Twisted-Python] Twisted 16.3.0 Prerelease 2 Announcement

Paweł Miech pawelmhm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 11:30:37 MDT 2016

Thanks for fixing this.

Did anyone actually manage to make HTTP2 in Twisted work with
Google-Chrome? I tried to do this today, and it seems this is surprisingly
difficult. It turns out that Chrome requires ALPN and it dropped support
for NPN. ALPN is only supported with OpenSSL 1.0.2 or above, which by
default is not available in most systems. This is discussed here
<https://www.nginx.com/blog/supporting-http2-google-chrome-users/>. I tried
setting up docker image with Ubuntu 16.04 that has required version of
OpenSSL, but it seems that Chrome still doesn't like it. It
returns ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY error and fails to load
page. Looking up this error I found out this might be happening because
some TSL ciphers are blacklisted in HTTP2, there is nice answer about this
here
<https://serverfault.com/questions/712808/chrome-reports-err-spdy-inadequate-transport-security-connecting-to-local-web-se/712838#712838>
it
links to this part of HTTP2 spec
https://http2.github.io/http2-spec/#rfc.section.9.2.2

My question is: should user deal with this kind of stuff themselves? If
some ciphers are blacklisted in HTTP2 shouldn't this be handled somewhere
in Twisted? E.g. perhaps there should be some Http2SSLContextFactory? If
you'd like to reproduce this I did some sample repo here:
https://github.com/pawelmhm/sf-books-http2 it contains dockerfile that
builds from Ubuntu 16.04 and runs simple Twisted HTTP 2 resource.