[Twisted-Python] Buildbot upgrade to latest eight branch

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Mon Jul 4 05:39:18 MDT 2016

On 4 July 2016 at 11:06, Cory Benfield <cory at lukasa.co.uk> wrote:

> > On 2 Jul 2016, at 23:42, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
> >
> > With this change, Buildbot should have a closer behavior to Travis-CI.
> That is, it will automatically start the builders and will report the build
> results in GitHub PR.
>
> I spotted this in action today before I’d read this list post, so I just
> want to say: thanks so much for this Adi! This is one of those little
> changes that makes life a great deal nicer for me as a reviewer *and*
> contributor: not needing to do the dance with forcing the buildbots to run
> is really excellent.

With this change you no longer have to create duplicate PR for "imported"
branches . Just create the branch and Travis and Buildbot will
automatically do their job and you can merge the "imported" branch without
a PR.

"Imported" branch is a branch hosted in the Twisted main repo but which
contains changes merged from a forked repo.

--
Adi Roiban