[Twisted-Python] Coverage exceptions

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Sun Jul 3 13:32:55 MDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 9:10 AM, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>
wrote:

> For now, let's just bite the bullet and require 100% patch coverage from
> here on out.  If we hit a really nasty case where it really *is* a
> significant investment of effort, then maybe we can revisit this discussion
> and explore a better way to express this exception without losing
> information about test coverage completely.

Requiring 100% patch coverage sounds reasonable.  However, what if the
infrastructure for running coverage and uploading reports
to codecov.io isn't working?
Running coverage under Pypy is apparently not working (
https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/223#issuecomment-228626722 ).  This
is blocking forward progress on patches to fix the Pypy tests.

--
Craig