[Twisted-Python] Script which uploads coverage results to codecov failed, but reported success?

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sun Jul 3 01:27:15 MDT 2016

On 1 July 2016 at 19:34, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For this pull request:
>
> https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/284
>
> This Windows build ran and tried to upload coverage results to codecov:
>

> https://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/windows7-64-py2.7-coverage/builds/623/steps/shell_5/logs/stdio
>
> but failed with this:

I can see that the Windows coverage builder is not using virtualenv + tox
to run the coverage report.

I suggest that we should first convert all builders to virtualenv + tox.
There is a ticket pending review for that
https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8544

Then I suggest to push the coverage from tox. There is a ticket pending
review for that https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8532

--------

With builders using virtual env + tox it should be much easier to work and
debug issues as the exact commands executed by buildbot are no longer
hardcoded in the buildbot configuration.

--------

I have setup a buildslave for Windows 2012R2 on Rackspace and I can see
that the coverage was uploaded ...at least for trunk

https://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/win-64-py2.7-coverage/builds/1/steps/shell_5/logs/stdio

The PR for adding the Windows 2012 slave is waiting a review here
https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/pull/215

---------

Craig, if you have access to the Windows 7 slave check the system clock.
I no longer have access to the Win7 VNC as it looks like the password was
changed.

--
Adi Roiban