[Twisted-Python] Windows buildbots and Appveyor

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Wed Jul 20 16:32:03 MDT 2016

The Appveyor setup with Python 2.7 currently does not build any C
extensions.
This means that IOCP reactor is not currently built and none of the IOCP
tests are run in Appveyor.  I'm not sure offhand what the fix is,
but I notice that quite a few Python projects import this script from
Olivier Grisel:
https://github.com/ogrisel/python-appveyor-demo/blob/master/appveyor/run_with_env.cmd

which sets the environment correctly for the Windows compilers, and
then uses the script from inside appveyor.yml with something like:
https://github.com/ogrisel/python-appveyor-demo/blob/master/appveyor.yml

It would be nice if we could get the C extensions buildin in Appveyor.

The Appveyor setup does not have a Python 3 setup, so no Python 3 builds
are done.

There used to be a Python 3 buildbot, and although many of the tests were
broken,
it was producing some interesting logs.  For example, I saw a lot of
warnings
in the SSL code where strings where being passed as arguments to API's which
took bytes as arguments.

Can we bring back at least one Windows Python 3 buildbot, and leave
it as an unsupported, on-demand environment?

I am working on getting more Windows Python 3 tests to pass, so this
would be useful.

--
Craig