[Twisted-Python] Twisted 16.3.0 Prerelease 2 Announcement

Paweł Miech pawelmhm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 04:15:03 MDT 2016

HTTP2 support sounds really exciting.

> Please let me know if you have any issues, as well as if you don't! If
everything works well, that's a good thing for me to know :)

I played around with this today and found out that the command you
recommend:

>  pip install -U https://twistedmatrix.com/Releases
/pre/16.3.0pre2/Twisted-16.3.0rc2.tar.bz2#egg=Twisted[http2,tls]

does NOT install dependencies when ran on Python 3, I had to manually
install h2 to HTTP2 support to work. It works ok on Python 2. My
installation logs on Python 3.4 look like this:

> pip install -U
https://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/pre/16.3.0pre2/Twisted-16.3.0rc2.tar.bz2#egg=Twisted[http2,tls]
Downloading/unpacking Twisted[http2,tls] from
https://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/pre/16.3.0pre2/Twisted-16.3.0rc2.tar.bz2
  Downloading Twisted-16.3.0rc2.tar.bz2 (2.9MB): 2.9MB downloaded
  Running setup.py
(path:/home/pawel/.virtualenvs/foo3/build/Twisted/setup.py) egg_info for
package Twisted

    warning: no previously-included files matching '*.misc' found under
directory 'twisted'
    warning: no previously-included files matching '*.bugfix' found under
directory 'twisted'
    warning: no previously-included files matching '*.doc' found under
directory 'twisted'
    warning: no previously-included files matching '*.feature' found under
directory 'twisted'
    warning: no previously-included files matching '*.removal' found under
directory 'twisted'
    warning: no previously-included files matching 'NEWS' found under
directory 'twisted'
    warning: no previously-included files matching 'README' found under
directory 'twisted'
    warning: no previously-included files matching 'topfiles' found under
directory 'twisted'
    warning: no previously-included files found matching
'twisted/topfiles/CREDITS'
    warning: no previously-included files found matching
'twisted/topfiles/ChangeLog.Old'
    warning: no previously-included files found matching 'bin/_preamble.py'
    warning: no previously-included files found matching 'admin'
    warning: no previously-included files found matching 'bin/admin'
    warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'admin'
    warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'bin/admin'
    warning: no previously-included files found matching
'docs/historic/2003'
    warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'docs/historic/2003'
  Installing extra requirements: 'http2,tls'
Requirement already up-to-date: zope.interface>=4.0.2 in
/home/pawel/.virtualenvs/foo3/lib/python3.4/site-packages (from
Twisted[http2,tls])
Requirement already up-to-date: setuptools in
/home/pawel/.virtualenvs/foo3/lib/python3.4/site-packages (from
zope.interface>=4.0.2->Twisted[http2,tls])
Installing collected packages: Twisted
  Running setup.py install for Twisted

[...]
    warning: PickyBuildPy: byte-compiling is disabled, skipping.

    changing mode of build/scripts-3.4/trial from 664 to 775
    changing mode of build/scripts-3.4/twistd from 664 to 775
    warning: install_lib: byte-compiling is disabled, skipping.

    changing mode of /home/pawel/.virtualenvs/foo3/bin/twistd to 775
    changing mode of /home/pawel/.virtualenvs/foo3/bin/trial to 775
  Could not find .egg-info directory in install record for
Twisted[http2,tls] from
https://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/pre/16.3.0pre2/Twisted-16.3.0rc2.tar.bz2
Successfully installed Twisted
Cleaning up...