[Twisted-Python] operations: baby steps. buildbot move?

Amber "Hawkie" Brown hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Sun Jan 31 17:56:53 MST 2016

> On 1 Feb 2016, at 08:46, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>
> So at some point in the coming week I'd like to just move exactly the version of the Buildmaster we're running right now to a new cloud host on Rackspace; probably the smallest one that comes with an SSD.

Sounds good. The 2GB General Purpose that I use for the buildbots is plenty fast, and has enough RAM that we don't have to care (although I think RAX is smart enough that we can start at 1GB and move up to 2GB if needed?).

> Hawkowl is in the process of upgrading us to Buildbot 9 which will be wonderful when it happens, but I want to be clear that this effort is wholly independent from that and neither depends on the other :-).

Yep, Nine is separate.

> It looks to me like the thing I need to do is 'fab config.production buildbot.stop; fab config.production buildbot.dump', then make the relevant DNS change.  At this point I think I need to add a new environment to ENVIRONMENTS and do 'fab config.buildbot buildbot.dump'.  It's not obvious to me how to have two hosts present in 'config.production' but if somebody knows this please let me know.

I think "config.production" is a bit of a eh name to have after, we should change it if we have more machines. Eg. config.prod-dornkirk, or whatever. Then we just need to write what goes where.

- Amber