[Twisted-Python] Twisted + OpenSSL 1.0.2f issues resolved

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Feb 23 06:14:42 MST 2016

On 22/02/16 21:18, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

>> On Feb 22, 2016, at 09:26, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On 20/02/16 09:33, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
>>
>>> I assume that they subscribed by accident (spammers seem to
>>> periodically attempt to mass-subscribe people using our listserv,
>>> I have no idea why, and some of them click the "yes subscribe me"
>>> link for some reason).
>>
>> FWIW, our local mailman install is patched to require a captcha
>> (and to disable email-based subscribe) to solve this exact
>> problem.
>
> Is this simple to do?

It was pretty easy. I originally followed this recipe:

https://www.dragonsreach.it/2014/05/03/adding-recaptcha-support-to-mailman/

However, I had to tweak it slightly - some of the mailman "HTML" (I use
that term loosely) had weird tag nesting that broke the captcha form
submission on newer browsers (some monstrosity like

I'll sling you the diff against 2.1.12 that we use off-list, feel free
to use or modify as appropriate.