[Twisted-Python] Twisted 16.0pre1 Announcement

Amber "Hawkie" Brown hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Mon Feb 15 23:39:05 MST 2016

Hi everyone, it's time for another Twisted release!

Twisted 16.0 brings some important changes, and some nice-to-haves as well. The major things are:

- TLS endpoints have arrived! They're like the old `ssl:` endpoints, but support faster IPv4/IPv6 connections (using HostnameEndpoint) and always do hostname verification.
- Conch now uses Cryptography instead of PyCrypto for underlying cryptographic operations. This means it'll work much better on PyPy!
- Headers objects (notably used by t.web.server.Request) now support Unicode for the vast majority of cases, encoding keys to ISO-8859-1 and values to UTF-8.
- WSGI support and AMP have been ported to Python 3, along with a handful of other modules.
- More shedding of the past, with the GTK+ 1 reactor being removed.
- Over 45 tickets have been closed.

As usual, it's available for download -- go here (https://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/pre/16.0.0pre1/) to get the prerelease tarballs and the full NEWS file.

Please let me know if you have any issues, as well as if you don't! If everything works well, that's a good thing for me to know :)

Thanks! <3

- Amber Brown
Twisted Release Manager