[Twisted-Python] Twisted 16.7.0rc1 Release Candidate Announcement

ex vito ex.vitorino at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 07:01:44 MST 2016

On 2016-12-23, at 21:22, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

>> On Dec 23, 2016, at 12:31 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

>>> Amber,
>>>
>>> Do you think https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/599 can go in?
>>> As far as I can tell, it's been reviewed and approved for merging. If not, please point out what should be improved.
>>
>> Amber is the release manager and therefore has final say, but, generally, we try not to roll more things into releases.  Instead, we try to roll releases more frequently (which has been a resounding success during 2016, and hopefully we can keep that momentum during 2017).
>>
>> However, I have to say I'm very sorry this did not get merged in a timely way!  It seems I didn't get the github notification when you @mentioned me; I have no idea why that would be.
>>
>> I'll get test results on trunk and get it merged, and it should be in the next 17.x release.

Glyph,

The next 17.x release sounds good. I'm in no hurries and that keeps an open time window to address the very tightly related https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8912 which I recently noted was created by Tom Prince.

> It's merged now: https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8911#comment:5
>
> On a related note - this still linked the '#' syntax back to the ticket number in Trac.
>
> Perhaps related - tomprince fixed the bugs that were preventing us from upgrading us to 1.2, and upgraded us to 1.2.  So perhaps this has introduced a problem :).

Thanks for the quick feedback and heads up on the '#' link.
Regards,
--
exvito