[Twisted-Python] twistd and loglevel question

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Dec 22 15:00:18 MST 2016

> On Dec 22, 2016, at 1:40 PM, Jonathan Vanasco <twisted-python at 2xlp.com> wrote:
>

> On Dec 22, 2016, at 3:33 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
>
>> By "normal" I assume you mean stdlib?  No, we don't use stdlib logging.
>>
>> -glyph
>
> Yes, thanks!
>
> I just realized that "if I don't do anything at all", all the standard library's logging calls (all imported 3rd party packages) wind up on stdout.
>
> i wanted to make sure there wasn't something on the `twistd` that i was missing.

Nope. If you want interaction with stdlib logging, there's https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/16.6.0/api/twisted.logger.STDLibLogObserver.html <https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/16.6.0/api/twisted.logger.STDLibLogObserver.html> and some associated utilites.  But that's up to you, not twistd.  (Maybe twistd should start doing something to integrate the log streams?)

-glyph