[Twisted-Python] conch problem with ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 host key?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Tue Dec 20 15:32:05 MST 2016

On Friday, December 2, 2016, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>
wrote:

> I think there might be a regression in 16.6.0.
>
> For every version up to 16.6.0, I can do 'conch twistedmatrix.com' in a
> shell and it works fine.

I believe that I have fixed this in trunk.
Can you try this with conch in trunk?

This works for me in trunk:

1.  Start with an empty ~/.ssh/known_hosts file , or one with an ecdsa key
for myhost.com
2.  ssh myhost.com
3.  log out of myhost.com
3.  see that ~/.ssh/known_hosts contains an ecdsa host key for myhost.com
4.  conch myhost.com
5.  successfully log into myhost.com with conch

Before the latest fixes, I would get a bad host key error in step 5.

Many thanks to the0id and acabhishek942 for providing the ecdsa fixes to
conch.

--
Craig