[Twisted-Python] trac deployment (was: memory leaks)

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Dec 6 10:54:35 MST 2016

> On Dec 6, 2016, at 5:24 AM, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 1:58 AM, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com <mailto:glyph at twistedmatrix.com>> wrote:
>
> Thanks!
>
> By "Fixed" I take it you mean rolled back, via:
>
> trac at dornkirk:~$ ./virtualenv/bin/pip freeze | grep Trac==
> Trac==1.0.13
>
> and
> https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/commit/c2d393fd501c6464b1b475eff214cab64f13ee2a <https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/commit/c2d393fd501c6464b1b475eff214cab64f13ee2a>
>
> Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining :). This is certainly the right thing to do for now.  But I'm wondering if you know what's wrong with 1.2 so we can upgrade soonish?
>

> Is the braid trac service also fixed - or does the next person who tries to update the deployment need to watch out for this same failure mode?

The referenced commit to braid switches from multiple .install calls (i.e. "pip" runs) with pinned versions of things to a single one where all versions are pinned; as I understand it this should pin it properly for the future.  (It was upgrading trac in some of the things-that-depend-on-trac .install() calls.)

-glyph