[Twisted-Python] Spurious commit/ticket links

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Dec 5 15:45:12 MST 2016

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Jean-Paul Calderone <
exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 9:28 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>
> wrote:
>
>> > On Dec 2, 2016, at 4:49 PM, Jean-Paul Calderone <
>> exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I deployed this to production.  I don't see a good way to test it
>> without screwing around with twisted trunk ... so don't plan to.  I'll keep
>> an eye on real merges folks are working on and see if it's behaving as
>> desired.
>>
>> Thanks, JP!
>>
>> Would you mind updating https://twistedmatrix.com/trac
>> /wiki/ReviewProcess#Revertingachange and https://twistedmatrix.com/trac
>> /wiki/ReviewProcess#Authors:Howtomergethechangetotrunk to reflect the
>> new syntax that should be used on future merges?
>>

> Updated.  As far as the behavior, do https://github.com/twisted/
> twisted/pull/614 / http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8934 look right?
> The trac ticket is fixed but with no comment.  OTOH, I can't find the
> commit message for the PR merge so maybe that's as it should be?

Updated again.  Craig confirmed that it indeed wasn't working (at all).

Also, the site's now running trac 1.2 (was 1.0.12).  The fab target for
re-deploying trac just picks the newest release at the moment, despite the
*appearance* of being pinned to a particular version.  I don't think I'm
going to try to bite off fixing this.  The problem, though, is multiple
invocations of `pip -U` - a later instance of which is totally happy to
upgrade the trac 1.0.12 install to 1.2.

Jean-Paul